Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Back at it

Some energy has returned
My sisters are talking about the things they are doing
Another friend is helping to hold me to it
And I want to see this house (and life) changed

I don't know if this list, and what I've done these days is really about "simplifying" or just regular house work...but...well the latter has to be done on the way to the former, so I'll count it!

So...what has been done recently?

  1. Today the guy came to measure--new awnings over the windows will be installed next Monday. I have been putting this off for 5 years, since the previous cheap quality awnings started cracking. But--no more!
  2. A new little stand-up shelf in my kitchen. I've moved one of the little ovens on to there--clearing up some counter space. And I've pulled out another container to hold plastic lids--yes, putting them there will ease up space in the "container" cupboard. Oh, maybe there is somewhere else they can go eventually, but for now this is okay.
  3. The packages that came from Amazon this week--the boxes have been taken out the door! 
  4. I started looking around my office...and house...trying to think of what to do for organizing, making some things better...some half ideas came, but not enough to get going, to really envision and do :o(
And a separate category: Plants, balcony garden
  1. Yesterday and today I re-potted a whole bunch, re-positioned some (i.e. tomatoes for more space, better caging), and planted some new stuff--trying one container with a shallow amount of dirt and two new types of lettuce. Also some more spinach and some other random greens. It will be nice when this is all growing, and I can eat it. However, I have also had the thought today--am I creating too much work for myself? Is this becoming burdensome?
  2. I had a thought today...I could spend hours and hours and days playing with plants
  3. Looking at those plants though--it's kind of nice now. Out of my study, then the living room balcony, then my bedroom balcony--lots of plants, some flowering, some will be fruits and vegetables. Pretty and happy it is!
  4. Oh, and my peace lillies--almost all of them are blooming. Just one beautiful white flower pushes its way up, and opens...and they seem to be lasting white for quite a while this time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment